Loss

Loss seems to be everywhere.

Not the kind of loss like I lost my keys.

Loss like I am ready for heaven.

People all around me are suffering. In the past 5 days, two different families have come to my attention after losing babies. Both of them were about 6 months old. Loss. Why?

I talk with my girlfriend who is dealing with her daughter having a brain tumor. Loss.

Children losing their childhood. Brothers and sisters losing their innocence.

With all this pain in this world, why do I cling to a God who could heal and yet doesn't? Or does he, just not like we ask?

When I feel like there are no answers for these questions, I think of what my life would be like without my faith and trust in God.

Ugly.

There is so little that one person can do for another. So, I do the one thing I can. PRAY!

Pray that the God of all Comfort will guard these families minds and hearts and use these circumstances to grow closer to Him. To the truth that sets us free.

3 comments:

Holly Grate said...

Shelly Rae...I am proud to be called your sister. You are inspiration even to someone who sees you everyday and knows that you burp and say shocking things:) I would not be who I am without you. I love you.
Me

Susan said...

Your writing made me think of Psalm 73:25, "Whom have I in heaven but You?" There is so much pain, true. How would I handle it without God?

I appreciate your honesty and your questions. So does God.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading a lot of the posts. I wish I had read this previously....you and Josh are such amazing people. You really inspire me to be a stronger person. With all you have dealt with in life...you are in such great spirit with life and God.

As for your sister in law. I will keep her in my prayers. That is truly heartbreaking.

Post a Comment