4 Years



Saturday was a hard day for us. Ava went to heaven four years ago, August 1st.
We miss her. Lots.

We spent the day with my parents and sister and her family. We went to the graveyard, let balloons go, and made a craft to leave at her headstone. We ate lunch together and watched the kids play at my parents house. It was eerily similar to what we did the first 2 months after Ava died.

We would sit on the driveway in front of my parents house, watching (or hovering) while the kids would play. We would talk and cry. A lot.
So, this is what we did again. And it felt good. Good to remember, to reminisce, to even take the time to talk about what we remember that day.

It felt good to just have an Ava Day.


5 comments:

ourbigmess said...

is the comment section working???

Anonymous said...

Test

Anonymous said...

I like your new format!

Josh Buck said...

Test2

Anonymous said...

I like the new blog spot.I still read about your lives weekly and you are an inspiration to me when times get tough. I hope all have a great school year. I will keep you in my prayers.
Jill Skillman
Connersville Middle School

Post a Comment