Hope for a monday

Today was a great day.  Everyone is feeling good again (no more pukies!) and it was nice to get back to a normal schedule. Both of the two older kids went to school and Ephram and I went to the YMCA.  By the way, I love that place and how much they love my little boy.  It is my own little oasis- me time where I put on my headphones and see very little of what is going on around me. I love it!

Josh's mom and dad were here for the weekend and didn't leave until this morning. Josh's mom helped Josh get in bed both Saturday and Sunday so I got some uninterrupted sleep which is glorious! Tonight, Josh is out with a friend who offered to help him in bed when they arrived home. Oh how I love to be spoiled...

Ephram was dedicated in church last night.  It was a very special evening where 11 babies from church were dedicated. So, what is dedication you ask? No, it's not infant baptism.  It's more something for the parents and people of the church where you promise to try and raise your child as Christ would have you, and the people of the church promise to pray for you and your child.  Both my parents and Josh's parents were able to be at the service.  Ephram was a little sweetheart, blabbering and drooling away and (in my biased opinion) being the cutest one up there. I may have a few friends who may disagree. :-)

The house is coming along nicely. Jason's dad came this past week and did a gorgeous job on all the trim (thanks Keever!). I'm not exactly sure what's next but I do know that move in is still scheduled for around the end of June.  I believe we have to pick out light fixtures sometime this week. Most of the decisions have been made so the craziness on our end has let up. I know for our builder, Todd, it only continues to get crazier.

Ava's birthday is drawing near.  She would have been three on May 5th.  Her birthdate was 05-05-05.  I love to see that written out.  She would probably be done with diapers, driving her sister crazy, getting ready to start preschool in the fall, and starting to lose the baby chub.  My, how life does not go as you expect.  I am reading a book by N.T. Wright called "Surprised By Hope."  It talks about heaven, the afterlife and what Christians believe. I am not far enough to know what I think of the book but I am excited to read what the Bible says about it.  It may give me a glimpse as to what my baby girl is up to.  In the book, there is a poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye which says it perfectly:

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

---------------------------------------

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I do not die.

0 comments:

Post a Comment