5/2/07 9:20 p.m.

You should be impressed- twice in one day! Wanted to let you in on what's been going on the past few days while life got a little extra crazy around here (is that possible?).  I was overnight at the hospital just one night.  Not too bad if you ask me. They acted like they may want me to spend another night but were very understanding about me wanting to go home. Turning Josh during the night is not a task many people want to take on and Josh is uncomfortable with just anyone sleeping in the bed next to him. It's hard to know that people are not necessarily wanting to stay but are willing. It makes me realize how much people are willing to help us out, even when it is very inconvenient and they would rather be at their own house in their own bed.

Josh's OT worked on a special type of pillow that would go behind his back so he is propped on his side when we go to bed initially. After about 4 hours, the idea is for him to learn to pull the pillow out from behind him so gravity pulls him onto his back. This way we would be able to skip a turn in the middle of the night. I am not sure of Josh's willingness as of yet, but at least we are going to give it a try during the night. Might work, might not. Any additional sleep I can be getting right now is greatly appreciated and needed!

Ephram continues to make himself known but my contractions were nowhere near as painful as they were on Monday night. I am tired, ready to just relax for a while but it is tough. Josh did have a chance to spend some time with friends on 2 different occasions today. That is always nice for him. He really misses getting out and when guys come over it gives him an emotional break that he really needs. He is at Starbucks right now so I am having a chance to sit down and relax for a few minutes. I didn't even offer to help the guys get him in the van! :-) I figured Josh could direct them and I would have a chance to relax for a while. I do what I can.

It sounds like Josh stayed busy while I was gone. He watched a movie, did not have therapy at MFB and played some with the kids. We also had a church meeting last night which is usually a good distraction. He said last night it was not so much so but I'm not sure why. He couldn't really seem to explain it. I don't like it when I know he's down and I'm not able to be with him to try and encourage and just be there with him. 

I know that this is a very difficult point in our lives right now and that can have a tendency to get me down. I try to keep in mind of all the things we're learning, how much closer we're growing both together as a couple and together with Christ. I notice things that are getting harder and other things that are getting a little easier. Moving his body around and maneuvering him in his chair all seems to be getting a touch easier. Communicating with each other and knowing what the other is wanting or thinking seems to be harder right now. I think some of it has to do with the fact that both of our patience levels are being tried and we're both tired and can be more easily irritable. On the way home from therapy today it seemed like every road in Grand Rapids was closed so we decided to try another way home. I am directionally deficient to say the least, and I got us royally lost. If Josh could see out of the van it would have been fine but he cannot see anything if he is in his power chair riding in the van. So we had the directionally challenged girl driving and the guy who knows where to go but unable to see where we are. It led to a bit of frustration but thankfully we did find our way home and we both sorta' giggled about it after the fact.

All in all, yes we're still surviving. We continue to be discouraged at times and encouraged at other times. Please be praying for us as we continue to adjust to this life we are living in the here and now!

Prayer Requests:

-TOTAL HEALING!!!!

-Emotional stability through this ordeal

-baby Ephram to be born the DAY he is ready to be healthy outside his momma's tummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment