/2/07 2:00 p.m.

Sorry about the lack of posting. We did not have wireless at the hospital. I got home around 10:30 last night and was beyond exhausted. There was a group of people here for a meeting so they helped Josh get ready for bed and I was able to go almost straight to bed. Thank God. We only turned him every 4 hours last night so that we could get some extra sleep and his skin looked great this morning. This would be nice to only have to turn him this often and get some more sleep.

Ephram is trying to fight his way out, we continue to disagree with him.  As of 9:30 last night, they had taken me off of the magnesium sulfate to stop the contractions (the only drug that seems to work) and the second round of steroids for his little lungs. This mommy is getting tired of this fight and all the constant contractions. We are praying for Ephrams's safety and also for his arrival as soon as he is physically ready. I am anxious to get my body back to normal so that I can help Josh the way he needs help, not all this half-hearted effort that comes with being in pre-term labor.  I had some great nurses and doctors at the hospital and they were very understanding to the fact that I had to go home last night. Now that I am off the magnesium, the contractions are back but not as painful as Monday night.

Josh is at therapy right now and I will go to pick him up in about 45 minutes. I didn't stay but came home to rest. I will update more later. Just wanted everyone to know that we survived the excitement and that it was tough for Josh, but he was a huge support to me over the phone. I was worried about him, he was worried about me.... figures. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment