3/14/07 1:45 a.m.

Josh called me almost an hour ago while I was asleep at home.  He has not been able to sleep because of his fever and the fact that he can have nothing to drink.  This is the one thing that helps him sleep at night.  The staff here have set up a drinking system for him in his bed while he is in bed at night and his mouth is dry (constant problem).  Anyway, as surgery is still planned for the morning he cannot have anything by mouth. He was pretty discouraged when he called and asked me to come and stay with him here. I am so thankful for Zach and Rachel who have been living at our house- all I had to do was let them know I was leaving and I know our children are well taken care of!

Josh's fever is still present. As of 10:30 last night, his fever was still in the mid 101's and the nurse had called Josh's doctor at home.  They put him on a time dose of antibiotics, put back in the catheter, took a bunch of blood and urine samples and packed ice bags around him.  We are still hoping for tomorrow, although at this time it looks pretty unlikely.  Josh's doctor said he will leave it up to the urologist.

Please be in prayer for Josh right now. Pray that he does not become too discouraged and that I can be a support to him however he needs me.  Although we would like to see the surgery done tomorrow, we know God is the master decision-maker and we will trust him to make the right decision for Josh.  These middle of the night posts are often difficult for me because things seem so bleak at 2 a.m.  I sometimes need to remind myself that God is still God, whether is be in the middle of the afternoon when surrounded by therapists who are so encouraging or in the middle of the night when my thoughts seem to wander.

0 comments:

Post a Comment