So...what is it?

So the answer to the question we've all been waiting for. What are we having? Well, we went in today at 2:15, Josh, Zoe and me. It only took about 20-30 seconds to see that we are definitely having a BOY!!!!! He loved showing himself off and showing off his manliness! We are both so excited. Zoe, on the other hand, is NOT. She was actually crying saying "But I want a girl so she can sleep in my room!" It was too cute. She definitely understood very quickly that a boy meant that he was going to share a room with Noah. Josh is so excited that it is hilarious. He was grinning from ear to ear when we saw it was a boy. He is psyched! Noah came home from school and we asked what he wanted to be in mommy's tummy. He says, "Boy?" I said yes, you are having a brother. Then he says, "Me watch Noddy now?" (his favorite cartoon on PBS). He is a bit indifferent and it's so typical of Noah. We just love him to pieces. So, everything came back completely normal except for the circumference of his head which is measuring larger than the rest of his body. Now sure how much or what it means so we're just going to wait to start worrying when they tell us we have something to worry about. So, at this point, we couldn't be more excited, the baby looks great and mom looks....fat. Oh well.

20 comments:

The Hutsells said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you guys.

Susan said...

Yippee, I am so excited for you all!!

Sue

TheGaffords said...

Congratulations!!!!

jenny marvin mealy said...

Congrats! Boys are so cool. I remember when I found out we were having a boy and I cried because I didn't know how to play any sports. Mark just smiled and said, "do you know how to cheer?" I said yes and then he said the most beautiful thing he's ever said, "That's all you have to know, you'll be great!"

Again-congrats to you all!

Family Brooks said...

shelly, brandon showed me that you have a blog. what a great way to be in touch with those who are close. i've just started creating one. i enjoyed looking at the pictures that you have posted and learning more about you. i feel like i know so much more. i have to admit, going to bed last night after reading your blog was difficult. i cried for two straight hours. my heart breaks for your loss. i remember hearing about it on august 1 and i prayed consistantly for your family. now i have met the family that i prayed for. your family and church are answers to our prayers. you've been so wonderful in the short two weeks that we have known you. i may begin to run out of room so i will keep this short. thank you for including me in the mom's group and for being such an inspiration. your story is incredible. i'm stronger from reading it. have a wonderful vacation and congratulations on your bundle of boy! how exciting to now know he's a he! -julia

MiKemple said...

Great news family of Buck...Patty says she loves you and fat is beautiful.
Does next Wednesday at 6:00 or 6:30 work for an Applebee's rendezvous with the Kemples?

Holly said...

AWE...Congrats!!! If you need your clothes back, I can try to remember what you let me have! Do you have a name picked out yet???? Boys are great, aren't they!

Josh said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys! Later!
Jess

Jim and Jaena said...

Hooray! We're excited for you guys! And I'm sure you look adorable, Shelly (although I felt fat too.)

Niecia Anjorin said...

Shelly, we're praying for you guys!!!
Peter and Niecia

D&K said...

We're praying night and day!

Rev. Joseph, Randi, Rachel & Rebekah Gormong said...

PRAYING!

Matt said...

Shelly...
I just got the email from wesleyan HQ about Josh's imjury-I am assuming it is you guys. Know that Megan and I are praying for you and that God will help Josh recover quickly!

Karen said...

Praying for you all... trusting that the Lord will do immeasurably more than we can imagine!

Karen Dowden

Susan said...

Praying uncessingly that God will work a His wonderous healing ways in your lives!

Sue

Dan & Angie said...

Just adding our names to the vast list of people who are praying for you guys at this very moment. We love you and are joining the many others who are praying for miraculous healing for Josh.

Dan and Angie

Kathy said...

The Drury's are praying hard too!

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Josh & Shelly & family,
Just wanting to let you know we are praying for you. We are asking our church family (Laotto Wesleyan) to pray as well.

Kim and Joel said...

We're praying for you all!

The Chinlund Family said...

I am a fellow IWU alum and know that we have many mutual friends...I have followed your blog for some time now and have been praying for your family for over a year... I just wanted you to know that you continue to be in my prayers, as well as in the prayers of my extended family, small group and church family. God has given you so much, and I know He will continue to sustain you during this time. Blessings on you all.

Post a Comment