Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all our friends out there! Sitting here being thankful for our friends and family, but especially for our God who is ever faithful to us. Christmas has a way of bringing both joy and pain to the surface. I am thankful for that. It always feels good to have a long conversation with someone that you know is real and to the heart of how you really feel.

Josh and I had a great heart to heart in the car today. We took a 2 day trip down to Orlando with my parents, Holly and Jay, and all the kids (no we don't smoke crack). It went surprisingly well. It also gives you a lot of time to sit in the car and talk. I love feeling like my husband understands me and knows how I feel. I realize this is probably part of the job expectations but it's appreciated all the same. We had some great conversations about our 3 kids and the fourth on the way.

We are now in Orlando in a great 6 bedroom house I could easily move into. All the kids tired themselves out swimming tonight. They are now all snug as a bug and looking forward to our Christmas together tomorrow morning. Blessings to you all and Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Susan said...

How fun!! I am jealous! Have a great time!

SUE

mom buck said...

Merry Christmas to the Syswerdas, Grates and Bucks. Glad you got there safe and sane. If you get a chance to take some pics while you are there, try to send or post them. Hope the kids all love Disney World.
We just got our wireless set up today so I am writing this from my bed. Much more comfortable.
Love you guys. Have fun!

Josh said...

Have a great time on vacation! Thanks for all your prayers - I know that the prayers of so many of our friends and family are pulling us through each day.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Hope you had a great Christmas!

Nate said...

Merry Christmas guys, have fun in Florida - I will be down there for the gathering:)

nate

Holly said...

Sounds like you guys had a good trip, and it would be nice to feel like your husband understand you!! MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

Scott Hendricks said...

Josh and Shelley,

Please forgive me for failing to maintain contact with you previously.

I want you to know that it has been inspiring to hear how God has sustained you and continues to do so through your suffering. Your honesty speaks just as much to your faith in God as your hope.

And congratulations on your coming arrival of a household addition! May God continue to bless the health and growth of your children.

My prayers are with you all.

Your brother in Christ,
Scott

Kim and Joel said...

Fun to see you (through the window) at La Charreada. Hope you had a great time with family!
Congratulations are defintely in order!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Post a Comment