8/14/07 2:30 a.m.

I can't sleep. I was laying in bed thinking when I realized I should let all of our blog friends know that my dad is doing well. To my surprise, my mom had already posted. One less thing for me to write!

Today was another busy day of therapy and doctor's appointments. Josh worked on the sliding board and may have had a breakthrough. His feet were placed differently before he began to move his bottom along the board and he moved soooo much better. We are praying this is a major step in the right direction.

We had an appointment with Josh's spinal cord doctor today. The appointment was at 2:15 and we didn't see the doctor until 5:30. To say we were frustrated was the understatement of the century. It was so ridiculous that we had the giggles about how much longer it could possibly be. My poor sister was watching all six kids here at our house with a very fussy Ephram on her hands. I think she was more than relieved when we arrived home. Thankfully, a meal was sitting on the counter which was a huge blessing on a day like today. It's amazing how God even takes care of our little needs.

A prayer request: Josh's feet are not doing too well. He has an ingrown toe nail that may cause dysreflexia, a blister on the side of his foot about the size of a very small plum, and the swelling is pretty significant. He is being sent to a podiatrist for the toe nail and backing off his nerve pain medication to see if it helps with the swelling. Please pray that these situations are resolved. Josh has been spending much of his time in slippers instead of shoes which makes him feel like he looks even more disabled than he already does. This may seem insignificant, but when the littlest things tend to get you down, you notice things.

I'm going to try this thing called sleep again. Much love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment