4/4/07 9:00 p.m.

Josh called me this morning before I got to MFB and had been listening to a group called "Jimmy Eat World". Yes, sounds like an odd band, but good music all the same. He used to listen to the music when we lived in Kalamazoo on his way to play basketball at five in the morning. It's funny what music can do to you, brings old feelings back. He was sad and feeling a bit emotional.

During PT, he was trying out a new wheelchair and we had a bit of a mishap. They had changed the wheels on it and apparently one was not in correctly. Josh was wheeling around the gym and it started making this weird clanging noise.  All of a sudden one of the wheels started bending out and one of the girls in the gym made a flying leap for his chair and saved the day! Afterwards, we were all sort of giggling out of nervousness and Josh didn't know until after how close he had come to eating the ground.

I had a chance to use my spa retreat at Design 1. It was magnificent and that is not an exaggeration. For those of you that know me well, you know that I have a tendency to make a fool of myself in situations when I'm trying to act "cool." So, I'm in getting my massage and laying on my back having a most relaxing time when I must have drifted off for a moment. I woke myself up by snorting! I felt like such a fool- all I could do was giggle at myself! My mom met me the last hour and we had pedicures together. It was good mother-daughter bonding time.

Josh is working right now at feeding himself gummy bears. He keeps coming over by me and trying to pick one up. It's working about 50% of the time which is a huge gain from a few weeks ago. Even though progress is slow and hard to see when you're hear so often, it is obvious what gains Josh is making. Today, he was working on sliding around on a mat while sitting up and instead of not being able to move at all without assistance, today he was moving a good inch at a time with no help! He was keeping his balance and moving at the same time. Kristy (PT) calls him a rock star. I think I agree! He continues to get stronger and more able to do things for himself. We put his coat on him yesterday and it only took about 30 seconds. A month ago, it usually took around 4-5 minutes to get it on and situated.  More improvements. They may seem small, but every gain is encouragement to us.

Josh started gaining some more feeling in his lower back today. He was at a movie this evening with some friends and was noticing. He is very encouraged by this. For the past few weeks, there had been little new sensation and the past few days 2 things have come back. We know his spinal cord is still healing, but we give all the glory to God! We know God is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine.

Prayer Requests:

-TOTAL HEALING!!!! WE HAVE FAITH!!!

-Josh's fingers and triceps

-help in getting the move accomplished over the next week and a half! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment