The ramblings of a desperate mother...



Have you ever been so desperate to get away from your kids you thought you would do anything? Josh has been adding to our deck in our backyard and has been busy, busy, busy. Well, he came in from out of the rain because it had turned into a monsoon. He had yet to lay the weed barrier under the new deck and it was now a mud pit from all the rain. I was yearning for a break from my chillins so I decided to go and do the job. I got absolutely drenched and could hear the kids screaming at each other from outside, but was I ever satisfied. I got the barrier down, got a break, and felt rejuvenated. When I came back in the house Josh asked if it was fun. After I got over being a bit offended that he would think it was fun I was like, "Yeah, I guess it was" (said with a little giggle).

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Shelly you seriously had me cracking up! That is a great picture!! I have to say though, at first I could hardly tell it was you!

Holly said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! I AM DYING!!!!!!!!

Hummel Family said...

Shelly--I am taking it that the girl in the picture is YOU, right? You look like a little girl having a hay day in the rain! Love it!

TheGaffords said...

Actually, the picture freaked me out for a minute because the rain looked like snow and I'm just not ready for that yet! Seeing that picture brings back many memories of when we built our deck in Michigan. It proved to be well worth all the work. I'm sure you'll love it once it's done. Glad you got the break you needed!

Jeannie said...

oh gosh, where do i begin?? i have been away from your blog for way too long. let's see...
1) the living room is gorgeous and i really think you and holly should have your own decorating show called "sassy sister style" -- you are both soooo talented. a little sickening, yes.
2) the title of this post should be the title of my autobiography
3) interesting thoughts on Mr. Noah. He must keep life extremely entertaining!!
4) I will be back more often, you hot mama, you. Man, we did NOT have enough time together in Kazoo.
lovin ya - jr

Josh and Cammie Delph said...

You are too funny! I don't think I'd even know where to begin building a deck - in the rain! You're my hero.

Tony & Renee said...

Hey Shelly,
I don't think you know me, but I am married to Tony Cole (don't hold that against me :-)!! I have a question for you and was just wondering what your email address was. Mine is inhiscare24@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Renee Cole

Holly said...

That picture SO does not look like you!! LOL...sometimes we do silly stuff to get a break :)

Jenn Swift said...

You go girl! I am proud of you. Stand up. That's good work!

Josh Garlow said...

Oh...I love that! How fun! I would have been more than happy to be in the trenches with you! That looks like a blast. Not to undermind the hard work you put in...of course!
Lacy

Post a Comment