Shelly's Reflections

Just got back from hanging out with some friends with a new baby girl. Surprised at how much our lives have changed in the past three weeks; from being the mom and dad of an infant and two toddlers to just two toddlers. It seems like my head is starting to understand a small fraction of it but my heart has a long way to catch up... maybe it never will. Josh and I have a lot of work and decisions to make in regards to our house (staying or selling), financial situations, and family stability issues. We are trying to see what is best for our kids while trying to make decisions that will keep us sane for the time being. I was listening to a Matt Redman song (I think that's who sings it) where the lyrics are "blessed be the name of Lord" and then goes on to say "you give and take away, you give and take away, buy my heart will choose to say Lord blessed be your name." I pretty much have to just whisper through the tears but we do hold this as the ultimate truth. God has been incredibly faithful to us through this.

Posted by Shelly

3 comments:

Sharlene MacLaren said...

Dearest Shelly:
I just left a comment on Josh's blog, but wanted you to know that my prayers continue for you and your precious family. I'm a friend of your mom's (I just love her so much) and so I feel kind of like I know you because of all the wonderful things your mom has said about you and Holly. I just admire the four of you so much for venturing out with this church plant. What a project.

My heart breaks along with yours at the sadness of your loss. I can only imagine. But I've lived long enough to know that we serve an amazing God--and He will carry you!

"I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not be afraid, I will help you.'"

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact reference...Isaiah?? Anyway, it's a good one...

Be filled with assurance that He loves and cares for you in this dark and grievous time.

You are loved.

Shar MacLaren
Spring Lake Wesleyan

Josh and Cammie Delph said...

Josh & Shelly - you have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly. I wanted to send a card or something, but it seemed so inconsequential to your pain. I cannot tell you how much we think of you, pray for you. Just a side note - that song "Blessed Be The Name of The Lord" that you're talking about? I don't know if you know Matt and Kendra (Erk) Ohime, but they lost their 18 month old son a year ago, and they had that exact song played at his memorial service - so no, you're not wrong in thinking it's very appropriate. We love you and are praying for your ministry and your family.

Josh and Cammie Delph

Hummel Family said...

Josh and Shelly: We love you both dearly! We pray for you often.

Love
Burke and JoEllen Hummel

Post a Comment